DS-160 Form is used for the US Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application.
DS160 Form is an online application form used enter the data and filled data will be submitted to the Department of State. DS-160 form is used to collect the required details from the visa applicants / persons seeking a nonimmigrant visa to the United States. Based on the details provided the applicant in the DS-160 form and the personal interview at the US consulate , the visa officers will determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa.
Click the below link to start filling the DS-160 from official site.
DS-160 U.S. Visa Application Online Form
According the official website, the estimated time to complete the DS-160 form and submit the form to the Department of State is 75 minutes. This estimated time is given without calculating the timeout sessions. Applicant should have patience with session timeouts to fill DS-160. So don’t be in hurry. Ds-160 form is an user-friendly form and it has interactive help.
To start off, the basic information you need for this form includes:
- Keep the Passport information handy
- Approval Notice: I-797 Form
Click the below link for Photograph Requirements to carry the photos to the personal interview at US Consulate:
Sections of DS-160 Form
- Personal Information
- Address and Phone Information
- Passport Information
- Travel Information
- Travel Companions Information
- Previous U.S. Travel Information
- U.S. Point of Contact Information
- Family Information: Relatives
- Family Information: Spouse
- Present Work / Education / Training
- Additional Work / Education / Training
- Previous Work / Education / Training
- Security and Background
- Signature / Confirmation / Thank You